Thursday, May 3, 2007

Cashed up

I went to the bank today to get some American money. The guy there gave me a quote but suggested I try the money exchange booth across the road near the Opal shop. I went over and the lady gave me a higher quote (a lower exchange rate) and I said ok but no.

Turns out you can haggle! She knocked $4 off (half the commission) and I saved a couple of dollars on the bank's offer.

It was nice of the bank (Which bank?) to send me somewhere I could save money. That's good customer service.

The money feels a bit flimsy, being paper and all, and it doesn't have that green look I was expecting. I realise that my expectations of American money were based on the look of it on The Simpsons.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home