Friday, May 18, 2007

New York

I'm loving New York. It's really great here. Lots to do and see. It was raining yesterday but it was still very warm. I haven't explored too much yet. I was at the Empire State Building today and I've seen a lot of Times Square. My hotel is well located right in the middle of the city, but it's still quiet enough at night to sleep.

I had a lot of trouble getting here. My flight from Vegas was delayed, then my connecting flight was cancelled, and I just got the last seat on the next New York bound flight. That plane then sat on the runway for about an hour because a storm had come into Chicago and all planes were grounded. But I got here eventually.

On the shuttle bus from the airport this loud Italian woman from Brooklyn was entertaining the passengers. She tried to set me up with this french girl who was also travelling solo. Upon learning I was Australian she described me as a 'young Russell Crowe' which made me laugh! She also missed the comment when the driver picked up his wife and was trying to set the two of them up too. It was a very entertaining way to end the day.

Yesterday I did my bit as a broadway audience member. I saw Les Mis from front row centre. It was a great show. I didn't know that it was a tradegy; three times the tears came to my eyes.

It put me in the musical mood so I went to the half price ticket booth and got a ticket for Legally Blonde. This seat was in the mezzanine but it was a good view and a very entertaing and funny show. I may however be singing "Oh my god, oh-my-god you guys" at random moments for the next few weeks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home