Saturday, May 19, 2007

New York part two

I've continued my roll of musicals by seeing Avenue Q last night. It was extremly funny and well peformed!

This morning I headed down to the Statue of Liberty but the queue was so long and there were no 'time passes' left so I gave up on it for today. I've learnt a 'time pass' is if you want to go into the monument so I will go back (probably over the weekend) and just tour by on the ferry. That's all I really need to do.

I made my way uptown and to the site of the World Trade Centre. When the WTC was mentioned in the video at the Empire State Building it was quite emotional for me. The actual site though is just rubble and it's hard to comprehened that two huge buildings once stood there. There are still a lot of workers there cleaning up debris nearly six years later! On one of the memorial plaques I saw a casualtity (a "hero") with my surname which was a little confronting. Life has gone around the the site but the horror of that day and those images stick to your mind.

For something more fun, I moved on and saw some TV locations. I visited the apartment building from Friends and 'Monks' from Seinfeld. The latter meant I got up to 112th street. The city just keeps going on and on. It's so big. You could spend a month touring and never see everything!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home